- Promoting health and safety
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Why is work health important?
- Healthy worker
- Working together: Promoting mental health and wellbeing at work
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Participating and thriving in our workplaces
- The Mentally Healthy Workplace Alliance
- Supporting ability at work
- Supporting health, performance and productivity
- Flexible work
- Building a resilient workforce
- Health Benefits of Work
- Roles and responsibilities
- Duty Holders
- Comcare research and innovation approach
- Health and safety representatives
- Investing in Experience: Age diversity in the workplace
- Education & training
- Work health and safety profiles
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Preventing harm
- Managing risks in the workplace
- Managing hazards
- Early intervention
- Recovery and return to work
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Roles and responsibilities - rehabilitation
- Workplace Rehabilitation Framework
- Rehabilitation guidelines
- Barriers to Return to Work
- Working with Workplace Rehabilitation Providers
- Rehabilitation assessment
- Medical certificate of capacity
- Capability Products
- National Return to Work Survey
- Workplace rehabilitation provider fee guidance
- Returning to work
- Returning to independence
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Claims and benefits
- Roles and responsibilities - claims
- Can I claim?
- Lodging a claim
- Assessing a claim
- Medical treatment
- Benefits and entitlements
- Frequently asked questions
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Customer Information System (CIS)
- Our service charter
- Our fraud policy
- Case managers
- Forms & publications
- The scheme
- The SRC Act
- Legislative Instruments and Gazettal Notices under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
- Information on 2011 SRC Act amendments
- Information on 2009 SRC Act amendments
- Information on the 2007 SRCOLA Amendments
- SRC Regulations Amendments 1988 to 1999
- SRC Regulations Amendments 2000 to 2009
- SRC Regulations Amendments from 2010
- Overview of the Comcare scheme
- The Parliamentary Injury Compensation Scheme
- The WHS Act
- The ARC Act
- Authorities we work with
- Premium paying employers
- Our compliance and enforcement activities
- Guidance on applying the SRC Act
- Regulatory guides
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Cost recovery
- Comparative claims
- Delegated claims management arrangements
- The SRC Act
- About us
- Organisational structure
- Corporate Plan 2018 - 2022
- Annual Report 2017 - 18
- Useful links
- Contact us
- Access to information
- Service charter
- Public Interest Disclosures
- Comcare diversity programme
- News & media
On 11 April 2019 the Australian Government assumed a caretaker role, with an election to be held 18 May 2019.
Information on websites maintained by Comcare will be published in accordance with the Guidance on Caretaker Conventions until after the election and conclusion of the caretaker period.
Safety & Prevention
- Applications for an authority to use, handle or store carcinogens
This fact sheet provides general guidance for PCBUs wishing to obtain an authority to use, handle or store prohibited and restricted carcinogens.
- Approved HSR training courses - information for training providers
This fact sheet provides an overview of the requirements and content applicable to each of the three health and safety representative (HSR) training courses (initial five-day course, one-day bridging course, one-day refresher course) that training providers in the Commonwealth jurisdiction may seek approval to deliver.
This fact sheet provides general guidance about Comcare's audit services.
- Australian Defence Force Application for a Commonwealth High Risk Work Licence
This form can only be used by Australian Defence Force (ADF) workers applying for a Commonwealth High Risk Work (HRW) licence.
- Balloons and weights: A quick exercise to check your work team's wellbeing
This exercise has proven to be a good guide of work team wellbeing. It will help you identify the positive and negative factors affecting your team.
- Benefits of movement - be upstanding!
This fact sheet provides an overview of the health risks associated with long periods of sitting, the benefits of regular movement, and strategies that persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) and workers can implement to reduce sitting time at work.
- Benefits to business: the evidence for investing in worker health and wellbeing
The following document provides businesses with the evidence for investing in the health and wellbeing of staff.
- Body Stressing injuries - risk management checklist
Risk management is the primary tool used to prevent workplace injury and disease. This checklist is designed to assist managers, workplace health staff and rehabilitation providers with identifying and addressing risks of body stressing injury.
- Building a case to invest in OHS and organisational health
This publication outlines the elements of organisational health, the benefits employers can expect to receive from investing in organisational health initiatives and how to write a business case to obtain funding for investment.
- Bullying case study
This real life case highlights the need for managers and employers to follow their duty of care and deal responsibly with incidents of workplace bullying.
- Bullying Risk Management Tool
This checklist is designed to assist employers conduct regular checks to identify signs of bullying in their workplace.
- Call centres: A guide to safe work
This guide provides advice to employers on the potential hazards associated with work in call centres (also known as contact centres) and advice on how to manage those hazards, by giving examples of good practice.
- Cash in transit
The transport, delivery and receipt of valuables, (cash in transit CIT operations) is any service whereby person or persons are involved in the movement of valuables such as cash, securities, jewels, bullion and other financial instruments on behalf of other persons for reward.
- Certification for industrial equipment
A series of factsheets relating to the certification process for industrial equipment.
- Claims Management System Pre-Licence Audit Report Template
This template is used by Comcare to report on any audit of new applicants for a self-insurance licence on their claims management systems and capacity for compliance under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988.
- Claims Management System Pre-Licence Audit Tool
This pre-licence audit tool is used by Comcare to audit claims management systems and capacity for compliance under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 for new applicants for a self-insurance licence.
- Claims Management System Pre-Licence Audit Workbook
This workbook has been produced to support the Claims Management System Pre-licence Audit Tool developed by Comcare for new applicants for a self-insurance licence.
- Claims Management Systems Audit Report template
This report template is when auditing claims management systems of licensed self insurers under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988.
- Claims management systems audit tool
The purpose of this audit tool is to assess the legislative compliance and effectiveness of a licensee’s health and safety policy and procedures and its health and safety management systems.
- Claims Management Systems Audit Workbook
A user guide to auditing claims management systems of licensed self insurers under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988.
- Coaching builds positive work relationships
Identifying an unhealthy work environment.
- Commonwealth construction induction training cards guidance material
This guide provides information relevant to PCBUs and workers in relation to general construction induction training cards.
- Commonwealth general construction induction training cards
This fact sheet contains key information in relation to Commonwealth general construction induction training cards.
- Commonwealth High Risk Work Notice of Assessment
This document must be supplied with any new or class addition HRW licence applications to Comcare.
- Conducting a needs assessment for work health programs
This resource provides guidance on how to source, interpret, assess and evaluate organisational data to undertake an effective needs assessment, in order to inform the development of a comprehensive health and wellbeing program. It may be suitable for use by human resource and work health and safety managers and consultants, and health and wellbeing coordinators.
- Construction induction training cards - Frequently asked questions
This document provides answers to frequently asked questions in relation to construction induction training cards.
- Contractor Management: Guidance for Commonwealth PCBU's
This guide aims to provide information to Persons Conducting Businesses or Undertakings (PCBU’s) who come under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Cth) (WHS Act). This includes the Commonwealth, a public authority or a non-Commonwealth licensee.
The guide gives a general overview on topics such as what reasonably practicable means, how control is an implied element of determining what is reasonably practicable, relying on the expertise of others, consultation, incident notification and construction specific information.
- Cooperative compliance program
A Cooperative Compliance Program (CCP) is a Comcare initiative designed to provide assistance to improve the health and safety of workers in their workplace.
- CSIRO's wellbeing journey
CSIRO have been on a journey of discovery and increasing maturity towards better understanding the nature and importance of employee wellbeing. As a result, CSIRO have significantly increased duty of care with regard to the psychosocial work environment. CSIRO have learnt many lessons and realise this journey is one that is ongoing; it is one they are prepared to take.
The appendices provide a range of tools and resources that CSIRO have developed as part of their journey.
- Dealing with Workplace Bullying and Requesting Comcare Assistance - Worker Information Sheet
This worker information sheet provides guidance on what Comcare can do to assist with workplace bullying or other workplace conflict complaints.