- Promoting health and safety
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Why is work health important?
- Healthy worker
- Working together: Promoting mental health and wellbeing at work
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Participating and thriving in our workplaces
- Supporting ability at work
- Supporting health, performance and productivity
- Flexible work
- Building a resilient workforce
- Health Benefits of Work
- Roles and responsibilities
- Duty Holders
- Comcare research program
- Health and safety representatives
- Investing in Experience: Age diversity in the workplace
- Education & training
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Preventing harm
- Managing risks in the workplace
- Managing hazards
- Early intervention
- Recovery and return to work
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Returning to work
- Returning to independence
- Claims and benefits
- Roles and responsibilities - claims
- Can I claim?
- Lodging a claim
- Assessing a claim
- Medical treatment
- Benefits and entitlements
- Frequently asked questions
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Customer Information System (CIS)
- Our service charter
- Our fraud policy
- Case managers
- Forms & publications
- The scheme
- The SRC Act
- Legislative Instruments and Gazettal Notices under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
- Information on 2011 SRC Act amendments
- Information on 2009 SRC Act amendments
- Information on the 2007 SRCOLA Amendments
- SRC Regulations Amendments 1988 to 1999
- SRC Regulations Amendments 2000 to 2009
- SRC Regulations Amendments from 2010
- Overview of the Comcare scheme
- The Parliamentary Injury Compensation Scheme
- The WHS Act
- The ARC Act
- Authorities we work with
- Premium paying employers
- Our compliance and enforcement activities
- Scheme guidance
- Regulatory guides
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Cost recovery
- The SRC Act
- About us
- Organisational structure
- Comcare 2017-18 Corporate Plan
- Useful links
- Contact us
- Access to information
- Service charter
- Public Interest Disclosures
- Comcare diversity programme
- News & media
- Comcare National Conference
- Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- Past events
- 2017 National WHS Forums
- Learn how to manage workplace psychological injuries
- Managing Workplace Psychological and Stress Injuries
- 2016 National Conference
- 2016 National WHS Forums
- 2016 Comcare Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2016 Chronic Pain: New Understanding, New Paradigm, New Approach
- 2015 Comcare Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2015 Managing psychological injuries in the Comcare scheme
- 2015 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 National Conference
- 2014 Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- 2013 National Conference
- 2014 Preventing psychological injury in changing workplaces forum
- 2013 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2012 Comcare Asbestos Forum
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - November
- 2012 National Conference
- 2012 Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - May
- 2011 National Conference
- Health and Safety Representative Forums Cairns/Townsville
- Current vacancies
- Stepping Into Program
- Graduate Program
- Indigenous Graduate Program
- How to apply
- What we offer
- Working at Comcare
2017 National WHS Forums
The 2017 National Work Health and Safety (WHS) forum program builds on Comcare's commitment of working together with our jurisdiction for safer and healthier workplaces.
Who should attend?
This forum is only open to members of Comcare's jurisdiction. It will be relevant to all members of the jurisdiction who work or have interest in work health and safety.
Download the forum flyer [PDF] to print and place around your workplace to encourage attendance.
Why should you attend?
Download the forum program [PDF].
Raise awareness of an array of contemporary topics.
- Learn how risk perceptions vary.
- Identify barriers to good WHS.
- Understand the practical implications of WHS considerations in contract management.
- Meet a local Comcare inspector and hear how they respond to a workplace incident.
Places are limited so please register early.
Each forum is a one-day program and has been divided into two parts to allow attendees to choose to attend a morning, afternoon or full day session.
Please register your attendance for these forums using this online form.
The 2017 National WHS forums are free of charge. Numbers are limited so if you find you are unable to attend after registration please inform Comcare so your registration can be reallocated. Alternatively, you are welcome to offer a substitute to attend in your place.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and locations
All morning sessions will run from 9.00am to 12.30pm.
All afternoon sessions will run from 1.30pm to 4.00pm.
|ACT - Canberra||
Session 1: Tuesday 18 April 2017|
Session 2: Thursday 25 May 2017
Session 3: Thursday 22 June 2017
Seagrass and Mangrove Rooms, Comcare
(Ernst & Young Building)
Level 4, 121 Marcus Clarke St (Entry via Childers St)
Canberra ACT 2601
|NSW - Newcastle||Thursday 27 April 2017||Noah's on the Beach|
Cnr Shortland Esplanade and Zaara Street
Newcastle NSW 2300
|TAS - Hobart||Tuesday 9 May 2017||The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel|
1 Macquarie Street
Hobart TAS 7000
|NSW - Sydney||Tuesday 16 May 2017||Urban Hotel St Leonard|
194 Pacific Highway
Greenwich NSW 2065
|QLD - Brisbane||Tuesday 30 May 2017||Hotel Urban|
35 Wickham Terrace
Brisbane QLD 4000
|QLD - Townsville||Thursday 1 June 2017||Mercure Hotel|
166 Woolcock St
Townsville QLD 4812
|NT - Darwin||Thursday 8 June 2017||Mantra Pandanas|
43 Knuckey Street
Darwin City NT 0800
|SA - Adelaide||Thursday 15 June 2017||Education Development Centre|
4 Milner Street
Hindmarsh SA 5007
|VIC - Melbourne||Tuesday 20 June 2017||Mantra on Russell|
222 Russell Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
|WA - Perth||Wednesday 28 June 2017||
Level 11, 2 Mill Street
Perth WA 6000