- Promoting health and safety
Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Why is work health important?
- Healthy worker
- Working together: Promoting mental health and wellbeing at work
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Participating and thriving in our workplaces
- Supporting ability at work
- Supporting health, performance and productivity
- Flexible work
- Building a resilient workforce
- Health Benefits of Work
- Roles and responsibilities
- Duty Holders
- Comcare research program
- Health and safety representatives
- Investing in Experience: Age diversity in the workplace
- Work Health and Safety campaign program
- Education & training
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Preventing harm
- Managing risks in the workplace
- Managing hazards
- Early intervention
- Recovery and return to work
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Returning to work
- Returning to independence
- Claims and benefits
- Roles and responsibilities - claims
- Can I claim?
- Lodging a claim
- Assessing a claim
- Medical treatment
- Benefits and entitlements
- Frequently asked questions
- Reconsiderations and reviews
- Customer Information System (CIS)
- Our fraud policy
- Case managers
- Forms & publications
- The scheme
The SRC Act
- Legislative Instruments and Gazettal Notices under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
- Information on 2011 SRC Act amendments
- Information on 2009 SRC Act amendments
- Information on the 2007 SRCOLA Amendments
- SRC Regulations Amendments 1988 to 1999
- SRC Regulations Amendments 2000 to 2009
- SRC Regulations Amendments from 2010
- Overview of the Comcare scheme
- The WHS Act
- The ARC Act
- Authorities we work with
- Premium paying employers
- Our compliance and enforcement activities
- Regulatory guides
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Cost recovery
- The SRC Act
- About us
- Organisational structure
- Comcare 2016-17 Corporate Plan
- Useful links
- Contact us
- Access to information
- Public Interest Disclosures
- Comcare diversity programme
- News & media
- 2016 National WHS Forums
- Comcare National Conference
- Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums
- 2016 Comcare Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2016 Chronic Pain: New Understanding, New Paradigm, New Approach
- 2015 Managing psychological injuries in the Comcare scheme
- 2015 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 National Conference
- 2013 National Conference
- 2014 Preventing psychological injury in changing workplaces forum
- 2013 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2012 Comcare Asbestos Forum
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - November
- 2012 National Conference
- 2012 Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - May
- 2011 National Conference
- Health and Safety Representative Forums Cairns/Townsville
- How to apply
- Temporary employment registers
- Graduate Program
- Indigenous Graduate Program
- What we offer
- Working at Comcare
'Across Australia there is a growing demand for more flexible work arrangements'.
Managing in a Flexible Work Environment, Australian Institute of Management
Providing flexible work options maximises participation at work and increases productivity.
The ability to attract, engage and retain a diverse workforce is becoming more critical to organisational success. Workers need to have choices about how and when they work to maximise their participation and contribution. Similarly, organisations need to find ways to retain the skills, corporate knowledge and talents of workers to achieve corporate objectives.
Implementing flexible arrangements can bring the following benefits:
- Allow workers to balance work and life commitments, including caring responsibilities, volunteering, study and recreational pursuits, and avoid long and costly commutes.
- Offer greater control for workers over where and how they work, and improvements to health, wellbeing, satisfaction and engagement.
- Reduce absenteeism, employee turnover and premature retirement.
- Attract valuable workers.
- Improve workplace productivity, financial performance and client service.
- Improve employee creativity and organisational innovation.
- Improve workforce participation rates1.
For more information:
What is flexible work? explains the broad range of flexible work options available.
Designing flexible work arrangements offers advice on how to make flexibility part of your organisation's solution.
Implementing flexible work practices provides tips and advice for managers and supervisors.
Negotiating flexible work arrangements provides advice for workers seeking more flexibility at work.
Australian Institute of Management - White Paper - Managing in a flexible work environment