Comcare has released two new online learning courses for the SRC Act
12 January 2022
Comcare has released two new online learning courses for the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (SRC Act). They are available for free to enrol through the Comcare LMS.
Course: Understanding the ability to earn provisions of the SRC Act
Where a worker has a compensation claim and an ability to earn, their entitlement to incapacity compensation may be affected. Comcare’s new course on ‘Understanding the ability to earn provisions of the SRC Act’ is available to Claims Managers, Rehabilitation Case Managers or anyone responsible for administration for the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (SRC Act).
This course will:
- explain the concept of ability to earn
- identify circumstances where ability to earn can be deemed
- identify a range of evidence collection and decision making tools for deeming ability to earn.
Course: Medical Treatment Provisions of the SRC Act
This course provides decision makers with the knowledge and skills to make determinations accurately and quickly in relation to medical treatment claims made under the SRC Act.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
- apply the meaning of medical treatment to claims for medical expenses
- decide whether treatment is related the injury and reasonable to obtain in the circumstances
- determine the appropriate amount of compensation for medical treatment
- assess associated claims for travel and accommodation expenditure.
Access the courses
This course is provided through Comcare LMS – our learning management system.
Visit our website for more information about Comcare’s training and learning options.