Recordings from the Workplace Sexual Harassment National Forum are now available
19 November 2021
More than 1,000 people attended the two-day forum on 11-12 November, delivered by Comcare as part of the Australian Government’s response to the Respect@Work national inquiry into workplace sexual harassment.
With the theme of influencing positive change, the forum was designed to help WHS regulators, employers and workers achieve a shared understanding of workplace sexual harassment risks, management, and prevention.
Video presentations from the first day of the event are now available, including addresses from:
- Kate Jenkins, Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, Attorney-General and Minister for Industrial Relations
- Michelle Baxter, Chief Executive Officer, Safe Work Australia
- John Atkin FAICD, Chair, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Jodeen Carney, Commissioner for Equal Opportunity, South Australia
- Michele O'Neil, President, Australian Council of Trade Unions
The first day of the forum was open to the general public to raise awareness about workplace sexual harassment risks, management and prevention. Day Two was a closed session for WHS regulators to discuss establishing nationally consistent regulatory approaches and guidance for employers and workers.
The forum was hosted by Comcare in collaboration with Safe Work Australia and state and territory work health and safety regulators.
Read more about Comcare’s workplace sexual harassment guidance and education and training offerings, available to employers and workers.