Comcare is committed to creating a workforce that is reflective of the community it serves. We have continued taking steps toward providing opportunities for all Australians to participate actively in employment. We value and harness the diversity of our workforce and promote awareness of our policies on workplace diversity and respect in the workplace.
Key workplace diversity activities undertaken in 2015–16 included the:
- implementation of twelve action items in the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) including
- the opportunity for claimants to identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders on the Comcare Workers’ Compensation Claim Form
- diversity statements in our recruitment advertisements
- regular communications across the organisation keeping employees informed of activities and events
- implementation of eight action items in the Accessibility Action Plan (AAP) including
- adding a diversity category in the Australia Day Awards
- reviewing Comcare’s reasonable adjustment and flexible working arrangement policies and procedures
- updating procurement guidelines to include an accessibility statement
- continued membership with the Australian Employers Network on Disability
- wider communication across the organisation regarding diversity events and activities
- annual celebration of diversity initiatives such as RU OK? day, International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia, White Ribbon Day, National Reconciliation Week and the successful Harmony Day Comcare luncheon.