Mobilising employers to employ people with work disability - Research project
The project seeks to improve the capacity of employers to provide work to people with physical or mental health conditions.
This is a Collaborative Partnership project.
A survey of almost 2,500 employers was undertaken with individual interviews.
A full report was released December 2018. The research findings are being used to inform a trial with two national employers to improve capacity to recruit and support people with health conditions or disability.
The trials are due to be complete in April 2020.
This project explores employers’ perspectives on employing, supporting and accommodating people with a health condition or disability.
It also looks at improving their capacity to provide work to people with temporary or permanent physical or mental health conditions.
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Other organisations involved
- Department of Social Services
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Whereto Consulting
- Industry and employer representative
- Comcare self-insured licensee representatives – Reserve Bank of Australia and Australia Post.
- Employer Mobilisation Research report (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Employer Mobilisation Research report snapshot (PDF, 126.1 KB)
Sign up to receive updates on the Collaborate Partnership to improve work participation.