Approval of consultants
You need to be approved by Comcare if you are working as a consultant for a workplace rehabilitation provider in the Comcare scheme.
Who can apply
You can apply if you are:
- a consultant – this includes rehabilitation counsellors, occupational therapists, psychologists, speech pathologists, exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, nurses, medical practitioners and social workers
- working for a Comcare-approved workplace rehabilitation provider, and
- required to work with cases in the Comcare scheme.
How to apply
- Complete the Workplace Rehabilitation Provider Consultant Approval application form (PDF, 129.2 KB).
- Send the form with supporting documents to email@example.com.
Please note that this is an approval process, not a certification process.
Supporting documents include:
- a copy of your qualification
- a short curriculum vitae
- evidence of registration with your relevant professional organisation.
The process for approval of consultants and providers is changing from 1 July 2020. We will be informing approved consultants and workplace rehabilitation providers about the new process.
What happens after you apply
We review your application and may ask for additional information to support your application.
Consultant ID issued
We issue a consultant ID number after you are verified as meeting the required competency criteria. This is linked to the approved workplace rehabilitation provider you work for.
A valid consultant ID number allows you to deliver rehabilitation program services for an approved workplace rehabilitation provider.
This number should be recorded on all Comcare return to work forms and invoices.
Rehabilitation provider training
After approval, you must complete the Comcare workplace rehabilitation provider training within three months or as soon as possible upon seeking approval as a consultant.
See Training for more information.
If you change rehabilitation providers
If you start working with another approved workplace rehabilitation provider, you can apply to have your consultant ID number recognised and transferred to the new employer.
Email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.