- Promoting health and safety
- Health Benefits of Work Programme
- Roles and responsibilities
- Duty Holders
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Why is work health important?
- Healthy worker
- Working together: Promoting mental health and wellbeing at work
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Participating and thriving in our workplaces
- Supporting ability at work
- Supporting health, performance and productivity
- Flexible work
- Building a resilient workforce
- Comcare research program
- Health and safety representatives
- Investing in Experience: Age diversity in the workplace
- Work Health and Safety campaign program
- Education & training
- Preventing harm
- Managing risks in the workplace
- Managing hazards
- Early intervention
- Recovery and return to work
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Returning to work
- Returning to independence
- Claims and benefits
- Roles and responsibilities - claims
- Can I claim?
- Lodging a claim
- Assessing a claim
- Medical treatment
- Benefits and entitlements
- Frequently asked questions
- Online claims policy manual (eCPM)
- Reconsiderations and reviews
- Active Management Model
- Customer Information System (CIS)
- Our fraud policy
- Case managers
- Forms & publications
- The scheme
- Overview of the Comcare scheme
- The WHS Act
- The SRC Act
- The ARC Act
- Authorities we work with
- Employers in the Comcare scheme
- Work health and safety regulatory framework
- Work health and safety compliance and enforcement
- OHS enforcement
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Cost recovery
- About us
- Organisational structure
- Strategic Plan 2010-2015
- Useful links
- Contact us
- Access to information
- Public Interest Disclosures
- Comcare diversity programme
- News & media
- Health and Safety Representative Forums Cairns/Townsville
- Comcare National Conference
- Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums
- Past events
- 2015 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 National Conference
- 2013 National Conference
- 2014 Preventing psychological injury in changing workplaces forum
- 2013 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2012 Comcare Asbestos Forum
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - November
- 2012 National Conference
- 2012 Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - May
- 2011 National Conference
- How to apply
- Temporary employment register
- Graduate Program
- Indigenous traineeship program
- What we offer
- Working at Comcare
What we do
- Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission
- Workers' compensation claims
- Asbestos claims
Comcare is established under the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (SRC Act).
Comcare has functions and responsibilities under the SRC Act, the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) and the Asbestos-related Claims (Management of Commonwealth Liabilities) Act 2005 (ARC Act). Under this legislation we have roles as insurer, regulator and scheme manager.
We provide expert advice and services to the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission (SRCC) and the Seacare Authority, and we manage the Commonwealth's asbestos-related claims liabilities.
Comcare's outcome statement describes our success and provides strategic focus for all our efforts:
- Supporting participation and productivity through healthy and safe workplaces that minimise the impact of harm in workplaces covered by Comcare.
Our role is to have a positive impact on reducing injury and harm in the workplace.
Comcare's work underpins quality workplaces and plays a vital role supporting workforce participation and productivity, as well as making an important contribution to the Australian Government's deregulation agenda.
Comcare's business priorities
Comcare has made the conscious decision to change how we work. Our Comcare 2015–16 Corporate Plan sets a new direction to deliver healthy and safe workplaces that minimise the impact of harm. It sets a clear path to transform our business and deliver our four business priorities:
- Leading insurer – working with employers and employees to minimise harm in workplaces, support return to work and recovery at work, and deliver robust and transparent management of claims.
- National regulator – delivering risk-based, cost-effective and consistent national regulation of workplaces, encouraging compliance to improve health, safety and rehabilitation outcomes through education and appropriate, balanced enforcement.
- Excellence in scheme management and design – working with scheme participants to achieve a sustainable, fair and best practice national scheme. We provide expert advice to the Minister for Employment, the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission and the Seacare Authority, and provide leadership in policy and scheme design.
- Efficient and cost-effective corporate management – providing high quality, timely management of corporate services, supporting business innovation and improvement by leading corporate planning and building the capability of our people.
- View Comcare's organisational structure.