Access to our Brisbane, Canberra and Melbourne offices is currently restricted. To visit us at these locations, call 1300 366 979 to arrange an appointment.

Licences, registrations and authorisations

If your organisation has a major hazard facility or conducts high risk work then you may need a licence, authorisation or registration.

The ‘person conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBU) must ensure that any asbestos removal work they commission is carried out by a licensed asbestos removalist.

Workers must complete general construction induction training before they can carry out construction work.

A high risk work licence is issued to workers who carry out high risk work activities.

A licence is required to operate a major hazard facility if it holds schedule 15 chemicals equal to or more than the threshold quantity.

Some plant design and items of plant must be registered, under the WHS Regulations.

The ‘person conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBU) and their workers must have authorisation from Comcare to use, handle, or store prohibited or restricted carcinogens.

GPO Box 9905, Canberra, ACT 2601
1300 366 979 |

Date printed 19 May 2024