We welcome your feedback because it helps us improve our service by letting us know what is working well and where we can do better.
Type of feedback
You can provide feedback to us about:
- any Comcare service.
- a service provided by a self-insured licensee in the Comcare scheme, after you have tried to resolve the matter directly with the claims manager and been unsuccessful.
Review of claim decisions
You can apply for a reconsideration of a claim determination. This follows a separate legislative process that is different from providing feedback.
Review of work health and safety decisions
You can apply to review a work health and safety decision. This follows a separate legislative process that is different from providing feedback.
The Government Procurement (Judicial Review) Act 2018 establishes an independent complaint mechanism for government procurement processes. Find out more about how to make a procurement complaint.
Agencies with delegated claims arrangements
Comcare does not manage claims for Services Australia or the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). These are managed under delegated claims management arrangements.
If you are a Services Australia or ATO employee, first provide feedback to your employer or claims provider:
- Services Australia claims provider is Allianz Australia, call 1300 130 664 or email SA@allianz.com.au.
- ATO claims provider is Gallagher Bassett, call (03) 9297 9428 or visit Gallagher Bassett website for other contact options.
If you are not satisfied with the response provided by the claims service provider, you can contact Comcare.
Information to include in your feedback
Provide enough information so we can direct your feedback to the right area within Comcare. Include details such as:
- what happened
- when the event took place (date and time)
- who was involved
- any action you have already taken in relation to the issue or complaint and the outcome
- the action or outcome you would like to see as a result of your feedback.
How to provide feedback
Ways to give us your feedback
- Email email@example.com.
- Call us on (02) 6160 3985 or 1300 366 979 between 8.30 am and 5 pm AEST Monday to Friday.
- Write to Comcare, GPO Box 9905, Canberra, ACT 2601.
If you are not fluent in English, we can arrange for an interpreter service.
If you do not want to provide your name or be identified, we accept anonymous feedback.
However, this will mean the actions we take or the outcome that is reached will not be made known to you. We may also be unable to resolve your concern if we need to contact you for more information.
To submit your feedback anonymously, you can use our Anonymous Online Feedback form.
Feedback on behalf of another person
You can provide feedback for someone else.
However, if you provide feedback for someone receiving workers’ compensation, we can only discuss their claim with you when we have their written consent. Complete the Authority to Act on an Employee's Behalf form (PDF, 67.8 KB).
What happens after you provide feedback
We acknowledge your feedback by phone or email within two business days.
All complaints are assessed and we advise you how our assessment is progressing and the outcome.
You can expect Comcare staff to:
- be professional and courteous
- provide you with timely responses
- keep you informed of the progress of any complaint you raise
- respect your privacy in line with the Information Privacy Principles detailed under the Privacy Act 1988.
External review of our decisions or actions
The Commonwealth Ombudsman investigates complaints from people who believe they have been treated unfairly or unreasonably by an Australian Government agency, including Comcare.
The Commonwealth Ombudsman does not usually investigate a complaint unless it has been raised with the relevant agency first. If you feel there’s a good reason why you do not want to Comcare about your complaint, contact the Ombudsman's office to discuss.
To contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit the Commonwealth Ombudsman complaint form online
- Call 1300 362 072
- Write to Commonwealth Ombudsman, GPO Box 442, ACT 2600.
Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission
If you have concerns that a self-insured licensee has breached its licence, contact the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission. The Commission is responsible for granting, monitoring and revoking self-insurance licences.
The Commission may consider acting on the concerns you raise, including conducting its own investigation of the employer to determine if a breach has occurred.
The Commission’s functions do not extend to investigating complaints in relation to individual claims matters.
To contact the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission:
- Email Secretariat@comcare.gov.au
- Phone 1300 366 979 between 8 am and 5 pm AEST Monday to Friday (calls from mobile phones are charged at mobile phone rates)
- Write to Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission, GPO Box 9905, Canberra ACT 2601.
For more information, visit the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission.