This is Comcare's commitment to the standards of service you can expect from us. It also explains the steps you can take if our service standards are not met.
Our service promise
We strive to be a national leader in all areas of our business—scheme management, regulatory operations, claims and liability management, and corporate management.
We will work to exceed expectations and deliver excellence in everything we do.
What you can expect from us
- be honest, open and transparent in our dealings with you
- listen to you, treat you with courtesy and respect your individual circumstances
- keep you informed
- welcome your feedback and respond as appropriate in a timely manner
- help you understand your rights, entitlements and obligations in accordance with applicable legislation
- make timely decisions
- be accountable for our actions.
- identify ourselves by name and/or work area
- provide clear and timely information or provide an explanation of why we are unable to meet requests
- give you contact details if you have further enquiries.
Our service standards
When you contact us, we will:
In some circumstances we may refer or transfer you to another agency better placed to deal with your enquiry.
In delivering our services and programs, we will:
- provide information about our services and programmes and how they operate
- administer funding arrangements in accordance with relevant legislation and published guidelines
- ensure payments are made promptly when approved.
Measuring, monitoring and reporting performance
We measure and monitor our performance against our service charter by:
- recording and acting as appropriate on your feedback about our service
- regularly reviewing the terms and effectiveness of this charter
- reporting on our client service performance in our annual report.
In developing and reviewing our services and programmes, we will:
- refer to evidence and better practice
- consult with relevant stakeholders as soon as practicable and provide reasonable timeframes to comment
- base our decisions on the information available to us at the time
- provide reasons for our decisions and communicate outcomes during implementation of those decisions.
How you can help us
You can assist us to provide a good service by:
- treating our staff with respect and courtesy so that they can deliver the best possible service to you
- being honest, open and transparent in your dealings with us
- providing as much relevant information as possible and responding to our requests for further information
- telling us when your circumstances change as soon as possible
- providing us with feedback.
How you can contact us
We value your opinion and want to hear what you think about the quality of our service. We will use your feedback to improve our services and products.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
GPO Box 9905
Canberra ACT 2601
For incident notifications—including those outside business hours—complete the Online Notification form or call 1300 366 979. If you are unable to access the 1300 number and have an urgent incident notification, call direct on (02) 6276 0333.
See Contact us for other ways you can make contact with us.