- Promoting health and safety
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Why is work health important?
- Healthy worker
- Working together: Promoting mental health and wellbeing at work
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Participating and thriving in our workplaces
- Supporting ability at work
- Supporting health, performance and productivity
- Flexible work
- Building a resilient workforce
- Health Benefits of Work Programme
- Roles and responsibilities
- Duty Holders
- Comcare research program
- Health and safety representatives
- Investing in Experience: Age diversity in the workplace
- Work Health and Safety campaign program
- Education & training
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Preventing harm
- Managing risks in the workplace
- Managing hazards
- Early intervention
- Recovery and return to work
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Returning to work
- Returning to independence
- Claims and benefits
- Roles and responsibilities - claims
- Can I claim?
- Lodging a claim
- Assessing a claim
- Medical treatment
- Benefits and entitlements
- Frequently asked questions
- Online claims policy manual (eCPM)
- Reconsiderations and reviews
- Active Management Model
- Customer Information System (CIS)
- Our fraud policy
- Case managers
- Medical practitioners
- Forms & publications
- The scheme
- Overview of the Comcare scheme
- The WHS Act
- The SRC Act
- The ARC Act
- Authorities we work with
- Employers in the Comcare scheme
- Our compliance and enforcement activities
- Regulatory guides
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Cost recovery
- About us
- Organisational structure
- Comcare 2015–16 Corporate Plan
- Useful links
- Contact us
- Access to information
- Public Interest Disclosures
- Comcare diversity programme
- News & media
- 2016 National WHS Forums
- Comcare National Conference
- Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums
- Past events
- 2016 Comcare Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2016 Chronic Pain: New Understanding, New Paradigm, New Approach
- 2015 Managing psychological injuries in the Comcare scheme
- 2015 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 National Conference
- 2013 National Conference
- 2014 Preventing psychological injury in changing workplaces forum
- 2013 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2012 Comcare Asbestos Forum
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - November
- 2012 National Conference
- 2012 Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - May
- 2011 National Conference
- Health and Safety Representative Forums Cairns/Townsville
- How to apply
- Temporary employment register
- Graduate Program
- Indigenous Graduate Program
- What we offer
- Working at Comcare
Comcare's Education and Training
We deliver a high-quality education for organisations under the Comcare scheme. Over the years, we have developed strong relationships with agencies and licensees in the Commonwealth jurisdiction, offering informed educational solutions that can make a positive impact on your health, safety and rehabilitation performance.
What we offer
We provide specialised courses on a range of topics aligned to the:
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Cth) and the;
- Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988.
Our specialised team facilitates a range of courses that encourage problem solving, collaboration and the transfer of learning back at work. Comcare training gives you access to current research, trends and legislative changes in the industry and jurisdiction. We offer training for all levels of learners and roles, such as for workers, supervisors/managers and specialised practitioners on a variety of topics.
Our full course list of calendar and agency/organisation training is available.
Comcare is offering a WHS National Forum for members of our jurisdiction from May to August 2016.
How we can help
Our flexible delivery options include:
- In-house - training for your employees (6 or more people) in your agency or organisation. We will do our best to accommodate smaller groups (a minimum fee will apply).
- Comcare Scheduled Training - training for individuals—you can attend any of our regularly scheduled courses in the following locations; Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
- Other options - training can also be delivered to the following regional areas: Darwin, Hobart, Geelong, Newcastle, Townsville and Albury/Wodonga, if sufficient demand exists.
If you would like a quote please email email@example.com. Include in your request the number of participants, preferred delivery dates and location.
New courses update
Comcare's Education team have developed a new course titled A Supervisors role in early intervention and rehabilitation. The targeted audience for this course is anyone who may have the responsibility of managing or supervising staff. This course will improve supervisors' (at all levels) awareness, knowledge and understanding of the role they play in actively preventing injuries in the workplace, and if an injury occur, in assisting an injured worker back into the workplace, as safely and as quickly as possible.
This course provides a brief overview of the WHS and SRC Acts, as well as early intervention and injury management practices. It is expected to be available for registration from mid-December, for initial delivery from 1 February 2016. A course outline can be found here.
Education team have also reviewed the current suite of courses delivered to the jurisdiction. Some course titles have been amended to better reflect the actual course content. The list below may assist in clarifying the amended course titles. For further information please contact Education team.
New course title
Previous course title
Strengthening WHS Relationships between Supervisors and HSRs
Strengthening WHS Relationships between Managers and Health and Safety Representatives
Recognising and Managing Inappropriate Workplace Behaviours
Inappropriate Workplace Conduct
A Supervisors' WHS Responsibilities
A Managers WHS Responsibilities
A Rehabilitation Delegates' Guide to: Case Management
Case Management Essentials
A Rehabilitation Delegates' Guide to: Complex Cases
Case Management: Next Steps
Workers' Compensation: A payroll perspective
Workers' Compensation and Personnel Management
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.