- Promoting health and safety
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Why is work health important?
- Healthy worker
- Working together: Promoting mental health and wellbeing at work
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Participating and thriving in our workplaces
- Supporting ability at work
- Supporting health, performance and productivity
- Flexible work
- Building a resilient workforce
- Health Benefits of Work
- Roles and responsibilities
- Duty Holders
- Comcare research program
- Health and safety representatives
- Investing in Experience: Age diversity in the workplace
- Education & training
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces
- Preventing harm
- Managing risks in the workplace
- Managing hazards
- Early intervention
- Recovery and return to work
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Returning to work
- Returning to independence
- Claims and benefits
- Roles and responsibilities - claims
- Can I claim?
- Lodging a claim
- Assessing a claim
- Medical treatment
- Benefits and entitlements
- Frequently asked questions
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Customer Information System (CIS)
- Our service charter
- Our fraud policy
- Case managers
- Forms & publications
- The scheme
- The SRC Act
- Legislative Instruments and Gazettal Notices under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
- Information on 2011 SRC Act amendments
- Information on 2009 SRC Act amendments
- Information on the 2007 SRCOLA Amendments
- SRC Regulations Amendments 1988 to 1999
- SRC Regulations Amendments 2000 to 2009
- SRC Regulations Amendments from 2010
- Overview of the Comcare scheme
- The Parliamentary Injury Compensation Scheme
- The WHS Act
- The ARC Act
- Authorities we work with
- Premium paying employers
- Our compliance and enforcement activities
- Scheme guidance
- Regulatory guides
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Cost recovery
- The SRC Act
- About us
- Organisational structure
- Comcare 2017-18 Corporate Plan
- Useful links
- Contact us
- Access to information
- Service charter
- Public Interest Disclosures
- Comcare diversity programme
- News & media
- Comcare and Defence Science and Technology Research and Development Community of Practice Forum
- SA/NT WHS Networking and Information Forums
- NSW WHS Networking and Information Forums
- Comcare National Conference
- Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- Past events
- 2017 National WHS Forums
- Learn how to manage workplace psychological injuries
- Managing Workplace Psychological and Stress Injuries
- 2016 National Conference
- 2016 National WHS Forums
- 2016 Comcare Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2016 Chronic Pain: New Understanding, New Paradigm, New Approach
- 2015 Comcare Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2015 Managing psychological injuries in the Comcare scheme
- 2015 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 Health and Safety Representative Forums
- 2014 National Conference
- 2014 Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- 2013 National Conference
- 2014 Preventing psychological injury in changing workplaces forum
- 2013 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forum - May
- 2012 Comcare Asbestos Forum
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - November
- 2012 National Conference
- 2012 Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards
- 2012 Rehabilitation Case Manager Forums - May
- 2011 National Conference
- Health and Safety Representative Forums Cairns/Townsville
- Current vacancies
- Stepping Into Program
- Graduate Program
- Indigenous Graduate Program
- How to apply
- What we offer
- Working at Comcare
Search our publications
All Comcare publications
Sort by category:
- About your request for reconsideration
Tells you what you need to know about the reconsideration process.
- Accepting liability for a claim
This fact sheet explains the process of accepting a claim.
- Accessibility Action Plan 2015-17
Comcare's Accessibility Action Plan (AAP) has a focus on valuing the experiences and contributions made by all of our employees, to create a supportive and positive working environment for all, and provide a better service for the Comcare community.
- Active Management Model - Recovery Plan
Comcare has developed an enhanced approach to managing claims from injured workers to achieve earlier recovery outcomes for injured workers and better return to work outcomes for employers.
- Additional advice to injured employees
This fact sheet outlines information about an injured employee's responsibilities once liability for a claim has been accepted in relation to the requirement for further evidence, the payment of medical treatment, outside employment incapacity, and return to work programs.
- Advice for injured workers - Permanent impairment payments: lump sums and section 45 elections
If your work-related injury or illness results in a permanent impairment, you may be entitled to a lump sum payment under sections 24, 25 or 27 of the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (SRC Act).
- Aids and appliances
'Aids or appliances' is the term used for equipment that, as a result of an injured employee's injury, may be required to assist in performing a range of tasks. This fact sheet outlines what aids and appliances are in this context.
- Application for certificate of Compliance
Major Hazard Facility - Occupational Health and Safety (Safety Standards) Regulations 1994 – Part 9
- Applications for an authority to use, handle or store carcinogens
This fact sheet provides general guidance for PCBUs wishing to obtain an authority to use, handle or store prohibited and restricted carcinogens.
- Approved HSR training courses - information for training providers
This fact sheet provides an overview of the requirements and content applicable to each of the three health and safety representative (HSR) training courses (initial five-day course, one-day bridging course, one-day refresher course) that training providers in the Commonwealth jurisdiction may seek approval to deliver.
- Asbestos awareness training in the ACT
This fact sheet provides advice on recent changes to asbestos training requirements for Commonwealth PCBUs conducting a business or undertaking in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
- Assessing and managing quad bike risk (WHS 101)
This information sheet provides an overview for persons conducting a business or undertaking and workers on how to identify, assess and manage risks associated with quad bikes in the workplace.
This fact sheet provides general guidance about Comcare's audit services.
- Australian Defence Force Application for a Commonwealth High Risk Work Licence
This form can only be used by Australian Defence Force (ADF) workers applying for a Commonwealth High Risk Work (HRW) licence.
- Balloons and weights: A quick exercise to check your work team's wellbeing
This exercise has proven to be a good guide of work team wellbeing. It will help you identify the positive and negative factors affecting your team.
- Barriers to Return to Work
‘Barriers to Return to Work: A literature review’ is a summary of current literature relating to the barriers to return to work. The report examines the factors that influence return to work in a workers’ compensation context with a focus on injury characteristics and individual perceptions, and workplace relationships.
- Benefits of movement - be upstanding!
This fact sheet provides an overview of the health risks associated with long periods of sitting, the benefits of regular movement, and strategies that persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) and workers can implement to reduce sitting time at work.
- Benefits to business: the evidence for investing in worker health and wellbeing
The following document provides businesses with the evidence for investing in the health and wellbeing of staff.
- Better practice guidance to decision making
Central to good decision making is decision makers' understanding of the legal and administrative framework in which decisions should be made.
- Body Stressing injuries - risk management checklist
Risk management is the primary tool used to prevent workplace injury and disease. This checklist is designed to assist managers, workplace health staff and rehabilitation providers with identifying and addressing risks of body stressing injury.
- Building a case to invest in OHS and organisational health
This publication outlines the elements of organisational health, the benefits employers can expect to receive from investing in organisational health initiatives and how to write a business case to obtain funding for investment.
- Bullying case study
This real life case highlights the need for managers and employers to follow their duty of care and deal responsibly with incidents of workplace bullying.
- Bullying Risk Management Tool
This checklist is designed to assist employers conduct regular checks to identify signs of bullying in their workplace.
- Call centres: A guide to safe work
This guide provides advice to employers on the potential hazards associated with work in call centres (also known as contact centres) and advice on how to manage those hazards, by giving examples of good practice.
- Cash in transit
The transport, delivery and receipt of valuables, (cash in transit CIT operations) is any service whereby person or persons are involved in the movement of valuables such as cash, securities, jewels, bullion and other financial instruments on behalf of other persons for reward.
- Centralised management of common law personal injury asbestos claims against the Commonwealth and Commonwealth Authorities
Information for individuals and their lawyers.
- Certification for industrial equipment
A series of factsheets relating to the certification process for industrial equipment.
- Choosing the right vehicle for the job (WHS 103)
This information may assist you with deciding which of the vehicles available to your organisation is the most suitable for different work tasks or conditions encountered. This information is a general guide and does not substitute for a risk assessment.
- CIS report suite summary
The following publication outlines the updated categories and provides a high-level mapping between existing reports and the new reports.
- Claim reviews and independent medical examinations (S57)
Comcare undertakes claim reviews at several times in the claims process, this document answers frequently asked questions relating to claim reviews and the use of Independent Medical examinations.