3. Claims and total cost by mechanism of incident (CIS report)
This report is part of our Customer Information System (CIS).
About the report
- Description: This report shows the claim cost and number of claims for a given period, grouped by the major Mechanism of Incident groups.
- Access level required: Management level access.
- Export options: .pdf, .rtf
- Benefits: This report allows the user to break down costs and numbers of claims for each Mechanism of Injury category, to help the user better understand how injuries are occurring and how much they are costing. There are 3 charts available for the user to view the data. The report also allows the user to compare 2 reporting periods to assess the differences in cost attributed to specific injury types.
- Parameters: The report represents Accepted claims with a date of injury within the period defined by the user.
Fields in the report
|Period||This field displays the date range the report was generated for.|
|Mechanism of Injury Major Group||Refers to the classification groups within the Type of occurrence classification system.|
|Cost to date ($)||The total of costs incurred on the claim as of yesterday.|
|Future cost estimate ($)||The estimate of future costs on the claim as of the case estimate date. The future cost estimate is determined by a complex calculation that takes into account a wide array of factors.|
|Avg. cost to date ($)||The cost to date of all claims within the given period divided by the number of claims meeting the given caveat within the same period.|
|No. Claims||The number of claims that meet the criteria of the column.|
Notes: By grouping the major Mechanism of Incident categories, this report aids with identifying the action, exposure or event which was the direct cause of the most serious injury or disease, providing an excellent indicator of injury patterns in your agency.