Comcare LMS Privacy Statement
This is the Privacy Statement governing how Comcare will manage any personal information collected via the Comcare Learning Management System (LMS).
Your privacy is important to Comcare. We will collect, use or disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act), the Work, Health and Safety Act 2011 or the Public Service Act 1999.
As an Australian Government agency, Comcare is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act. The APPs regulate how agencies collect, use, disclose and store personal information and how individuals’ access and correct personal information held about them.
The storage of your personal information is subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act and the Archives Act 1983.
What information we collect
The type of personal information we collect through the Comcare LMS includes:
- your name
- your contact details
- your location, employer, industry, classification and role, or
- information relating to your training and development such as course completion history, related learning interests regarding Comcare’s functions and reasonable adjustments for learning activities.
How we collect your personal information
(a) When you provide it to us
For example, if you undertake training with Comcare or a training provider engaged by Comcare, you will provide information as part of your training.
(b) When someone else provides it to us on your behalf
A third party, such as your supervisor, employer or a training service provider, may provide us with information about you.
What happens if we do not collect your personal information
If you do not provide consent to the collection of your personal information, you will not be able to access the Comcare LMS. If completion of course content that is hosted on the Comcare LMS is a requirement of your employment, you may not be able to meet the minimum requirements of your employment and you should contact your employer to seek an alternative solution.
How we may collect, use and disclose your information
The Comcare LMS collects your personal information for the purpose of tracking your learning and development activity to enable services monitoring and improvement, problem solving, and course completion reporting.
The purposes for which we will collect or use your personal information includes:
- organisational reporting on training and development
- enhanced user experience for training provided by Comcare, and
- to monitor and improve Comcare’s education services and products.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties such as:
- your employer
- agents, contractors or service providers engaged by Comcare to carry out or assist with our functions and activities, such as information technology, security, legal, human resources, industrial relations, audit, research and insurance
- the Minister or Minister’s advisors, or
- third-party education technology providers.
Your personal information may also be used or disclosed for investigations, where required or authorised by law, or otherwise where you have agreed to the use and disclosure.
If disclosure of personal information is required to an overseas party, Comcare will follow the APPs that relate to disclosure to overseas entities.
Accuracy of personal information
Security of information
Your access to services provided through the Comcare LMS will be through a Single-Sign-On mechanism which encrypts your data to prevent unauthorised third parties accessing your personal information when it is transmitted.