We use social media to share information about Comcare and to promote work health and safety.
Social media channels we use
We use the following social media channels:
If you follow us on any of our social channels, you can expect to receive between one to three posts a day.
On our social media channels we cover:
- work health and safety obligations
- mental health and wellbeing.
Comcare updates and monitors its LinkedIn and Twitter accounts during office hours, 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
What we expect
We welcome comments on our social media and online channels.
When you post to one of these, we ask that you:
- protect your personal privacy, and that of others, by not including personal information of either yourself or of others (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- not make defamatory or libellous comments
- be polite — don’t be insulting, abusive, provocative, hateful, obscene, offensive, harass or threaten others
- not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- not post multiple versions of the same view or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- not promote commercial interests or make overtly party-political comments
- not include internet addresses or links to websites
- not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- not encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age
- not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- not make comments irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
We can change this policy at any time.
We use our social media channels to communicate with the public about our work. When you communicate with us through these channels, we may collect your personal information, but we only use it to help us to communicate with you and the public.
The social media services we use will also handle your personal information for their own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies. You can access the privacy policies for Twitter, LinkedIn and Vimeo on their websites.
Ways we use social media
Following and followers
Comcare does not automatically follow the organisations or individuals who follow it.
We may follow relevant organisations including government agencies, organisations in the work health and safety industry, and other parties where there is a clear link in communicating and receiving information.
We will generally not follow individuals unless they are known in a professional capacity and satisfy the business rule above.
However, being followed by Comcare does not imply endorsement of any kind.
We will use hashtags when appropriate to allow followers to filter information.
On occasion, we may share content from other LinkedIn and Twitter users.
We consider these requests on a case-by-case basis but generally aim to honour requests from other government departments and stakeholders.
In the interests of commercial propriety and competitiveness, Comcare will generally not share content from profit-making organisations.
@Replies and direct messages
We read all @replies and direct messages to make sure any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed on to the right people. We reply to messages during business hours, 9 am to 5 pm AEST, Monday to Friday.
We only discuss general work health, safety and rehabilitation topics. We can’t talk about personal workers’ compensation claims or answer questions that breach privacy.
For specific enquiries about your workers’ compensation claim, do not contact us using LinkedIn or Twitter - please use the contact us details on our website.
Our social media channels are managed by the Comcare Marketing and Communication team.
Contact the Media Manager for further information regarding Comcare’s social media channels at email@example.com.