Demolition works notification
Comcare must be notified of certain demolition work.
When to notify
Comcare must be notified when there will be:
- demolition of a structure or part of a structure that is:
- load bearing or otherwise related to the physical integrity of the structure, and
- at least six metres in height
- demolition work involving load shifting machinery on a suspended floor, or
- demolition work involving explosives.
Comcare needs to be notified of demolition at least five days before demolition commences by the person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU).
When demolition work is carried out by an emergency service worker responding to an emergency, the emergency service organisation (ESO) needs to notify Comcare as soon as practicable.
How to notify
Submit the Demolition Works Notification form (PDF, 155.2 KB) to advise us of demolition work.