Lead risk work notification
For: Employers and managers Information seekers
Comcare must be notified of lead risk work occurring at a workplace in certain circumstances.
When to notify
Comcare must be notified when:
- lead risk work is carried out or is to be carried out at a workplace.
The 'person conducting the business or undertaking' (PCBU) must notify Comcare within seven days of determining that the work is lead risk work or if the PCBU is unable to determine that the work is lead risk work.
- there is a change to a lead risk work notification previously given to Comcare.
The PCBU must notify Comcare of any change in the information given in a previous notification before the change occurs or as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the change.
- a worker is removed from carrying out lead risk work. The PCBU must notify Comcare as soon as practicable.
- an emergency service worker, working for an emergency service organisation (ESO), carried out lead risk work when rescuing a person or providing first aid to a person. The ESO must give notice as soon as practicable after determining that the work is lead risk work.
How to notify
To notify us of your lead risk work, submit the Lead Risk Work Notification form (PDF, 163.6 KB).
To notify us, you will need:
For all notifications, except those involving removal of a worker from lead risk work, you need to provide:
- Copy of the risk management procedures for the lead risk work
- Document with a description of the PCBU’s risk assessment and risk control measures to minimise worker exposure
- Document with a description of how the control measures have been monitored and how their effectiveness has been assessed
- Document with a list of dates for the proposed testing of blood levels, the results of those tests and how the results have been communicated to workers that were likely to have been exposed.
Where a medical practitioner has recommended that a worker be removed from lead risk work, provide:
- Copy of the lead health monitoring report provided by the registered medical practitioner
- Copy of the of the worker’s last blood lead level results.
For more information, see:
Page last reviewed: 21 March 2022