Working during floods and storms can be hazardous
13 October 2022
Heavy rainfall and flash flooding are forecast to continue across many parts Australia in the coming days. It’s important for employers and workers, particularly those in flood prone or affected areas, to understand how to respond, manage risks and stay safe.
Comcare has a range of guidance and information on flood and storm hazards including:
- WHS duties for employers and workers
- Working in floods and flood recovery
- Working during clean-up and recovery
- Planning for clean-up and recovery
- Mental health and wellbeing
Learn more about the roles and responsibilities of employers and workers on our flood and storm hazards webpage.
For the latest information about severe weather warnings, flood watch and emergency evacuation orders, visit the Bureau of Meteorology website.