Fostering mentally healthy workplaces
Mental health is a level of wellbeing where people can cope with ordinary work and life pressures.
We have guidance, resources and tools for workers and workplaces to help foster a mentally healthy workplace,
In the workplace we know that good work is good for our mental health and wellbeing. A healthy and safe workplace provides structure and purpose, a sense of identity, and opportunities to develop skills and increased feelings of self-worth.
Workplace mental health statistics
- 1 in 5 Australian workers have a mental health condition
- Poor mental health costs Australian businesses $11 billion per year
- Every $1 invested in a mentally healthy workplace has a Return on Investment of $2.30.
Find out more about mental health statistics and your mental health responsibilities at work.
Everyone has a responsibility in the workplace to:
- Reasonably comply with health and safety instructions
- Take reasonable care of their own mental health
- Take reasonable care that their actions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other people.