Injury management advisory service
Comcare offers an injury management advisory service.
This service helps rehabilitation case managers, supervisors, workplace rehabilitation providers and employees with a workers' compensation claim.
Purpose of the service
This injury management advisory service, sometimes referred to as IMAS, operates to:
- help return employees safely back to work following an injury or illness.
- improve return to work rates.
- build skill and knowledge about managing injury.
- develop ways of improving rehabilitation and early intervention.
Who can access the service
The service is available to organisations in the Comcare scheme.
The service is used mainly by:
- employers who are responsible for the rehabilitation of employees.
- others involved in the rehabilitation of an injured or ill employee.
Injury management advisers can:
- develop approaches to help injured or ill employees return to health and to work..
- help recognise and promote rehabilitation and injury management practices that support employees to return to health and to work.
- participate in case conferences to better manage rehabilitation in complex claims.
- deliver education sessions to improve the knowledge and capability of rehabilitation case managers.
- identify potential high-risk claims and help create strategies to ensure rehabilitation is managed well.
- help with questions or issues about rehabilitation and return to work.
How to access the service
To speak with an injury management adviser:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- call us on 1300 366 979.
We welcome your questions and are here to help you.