What we offer
At Comcare, we offer our employees attractive employment conditions including life balance, learning and development, career pathway and generous remuneration.
Benefits of working with us
|Dynamic organisation||It’s a great time to work with Comcare. Get onboard and make a difference.|
|Career pathway||Comcare’s capability and career framework allows you to easily identify the skills and competencies required in order for you to move up and along your desired career path.|
|Generous leave entitlements||Comcare’s current Enterprise Agreement sets out some very attractive leave entitlements.|
|Performance management||Achieve results through performance management. Everybody at Comcare has a Performance Development Plan. Pay point advancements are available through this process.|
|Study leave and study options||Up to $4,000 per year study assistance or five hours per week paid study leave.|
|Reward and recognition||Comcare recognises that high performing staff are the key to its success, that’s why staff who perform well are rewarded for their efforts through a formal reward and recognition process.|
|Life balance||Flexible working arrangements, employee wellness programs and employee assistance programs.|
|Christmas close-down||Comcare offices are closed from close of business on the last working day before Christmas to the first working day after 1 January giving all employees a break and a chance to spend some time with family and friends.|
|Learning and development||Structured on the job training and a year-round calendar of professionally facilitated relevant courses.|
|Generous remuneration||Comcare is able to offer generous remuneration points on engagement dependent on skills and experience.|
Our working environment
Comcare participates in the Australian Public Service (APS) Employee Census to help us better understand what our employees think about working here and how we can keep doing better.
Comcare continues to have positive results particularly when compared to other APS agencies.
We are especially proud of our high results for employee wellbeing and engagement, which highlights our focus on creating a safe, positive and inclusive working environment.
Our other positive results include:
- responding to change – employees felt that the organisation successfully navigates change, supporting and adapting new ways of working, particularly in response to the COVID-19 crisis
- supervisor impressions – employee impressions of their immediate supervisor are positive across the organisation
- culture – employees feel a strong connection to the organisation and the APS more broadly.
For more information, see the 2020 Comcare Employee Census results (PDF, 1.0 MB).
Our employment conditions
Employees of Comcare are engaged under the Public Service Act 1999.
Employees of Comcare must uphold the Australian Public Service (APS) values, employment principles and the Code of Conduct.
Conditions of service and salary scales are set out in the:
- Comcare Enterprise Agreement 2016–19 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Determination under section 24(1) of the Public Service Act (PDF, 419.4 KB), which adds to specific provisions of the Enterprise Agreement 2016–19.
This Determination means that all eligible employees covered by this Enterprise Agreement receive the maximum of a six per cent salary increase over three years:
- two per cent on 12 April 2019
- two per cent on 12 April 2020
- two per cent on 12 April 2021*
* Consistent with the Australian Government’s direction that all Australian Public Service (APS) pay increases that come into effect after 14 April 2020 be deferred by six (6) months, Comcare’s pay increase due on 12 April 2021 for APS and EL staff will be deferred to 12 October 2021.