Workplace rehabilitation services
Workplace rehabilitation services are designed to help you recover at work or return to work.
About workplace rehabilitation services
Workplace rehabilitation services are tailored to your individual needs and depend on your rehabilitation goal.
Your goal may be to return to your role, return to a new role in your current workplace, or secure new employment at a new workplace.
Your rehabilitation goal and activities are informed by advice from your treating medical practitioners and health providers.
Who delivers the services
Workplace rehabilitation providers are engaged to provide expert services when additional assistance to support your return to work is needed.
Your employer is responsible for engaging a workplace rehabilitation provider.
Types of services
Workplace rehabilitation services may include:
- conducting specialised assessments of your functional capacity and workplace environment
- assessing work requirements and potential suitable duties for returning to work
- identifying the need for job modifications or equipment
- arranging work experience placements and identifying retraining needs
- designing and monitoring your rehabilitation program.
Benefits of services
Workplace rehabilitation services can help you:
- improve your confidence and morale
- gain independence and improve general wellbeing
- get safely back to work as soon as possible
- limit the possibility of long-term absence from work.
If you have sustained a workplace injury or illness, find out more about: