Ways to reduce your premium
By reducing claim costs, employers can reduce their premiums.
There are proven ways to prevent injury and illness at work, help employees return to work quickly and safely.
Effective ways to reduce your premium
The major factor that you can influence to reduce your premium is your agency’s claim costs.
To reduce the cost of claims, you need to:
- prevent injury and illness at work
- help employees return to work quickly and safely after a work-related injury or illness.
Evidence shows that the most effective ways to achieve this are to:
- intervene early and understand the warning signs
- provide early support to employees with a workplace injury or illness
- improve return to work outcomes through proactive rehabilitation programs
- ensure everyone in your agency knows and values work health and safety and applies these principles to reduce harm
- be a work health and safety leader and stay up to date with the latest evidence and new workplace programs.
You can monitor your claims performance and injury management information using the Comcare Customer Information System.
If your agency is considering a trial to reduce your premiums, contact your Employer Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on premium reduction:
- call us directly on (02) 8218 3792 or on 1300 366 979
- email email@example.com.