Access to our Brisbane, Canberra and Melbourne offices is currently restricted. To visit us at these locations, call 1300 366 979 to arrange an appointment.

Who can help

If you are experiencing problems in the workplace and you want to make a complaint, help is available.

Work health and safety complaints

For breaches of the state and territory workplace health and safety (WHS) regulations, contact the regulator in your jurisdiction.

For national WHS policy and regulation, contact:

  • Safe Work Australia for queries about national WHS and workers’ compensation policy
  • Comcare for queries about national WHS regulation including incident notification within the Commonwealth jurisdiction.

For assistance with discrimination, social justice and human rights’ abuses

For other workplace complaints

If you believe a crime has taken place, such as an assault, contact your local police on 131 444.

This is not a complete list of services available to help you and depending on your circumstances, you may need assistance from more than one agency. Reaching out is the first step to getting help.

Page last reviewed: 15 December 2019

GPO Box 9905, Canberra, ACT 2601
1300 366 979 |

Date printed 02 Mar 2024