Reviewing cross sector income support systems - Research project
This project aims to examine services and data across the compensation and income support systems, identify the movement of people through these systems, and find opportunities for system alignment and service improvement.
This is a Collaborative Partnership project.
The Cross Sector Project research report (PDF, 1.4 MB) was released in April 2018.
Two initiatives were scoped for trial to demonstrate cross sector collaboration.
This project will be closed in 2020 and learnings will inform key priorities for the Collaborative Partnership to improve work participation in 2020-22.
This project developed the first national systems map to identify the services, data sources and transition of people through the system.
This map will help enable service delivery changes to support improvements in work participation.
The research identified opportunities to achieve better work and health outcomes.
Department of Social Services
Other organisations involved
- Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business
- Monash University
- Mental Health Commission
- Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Representatives from industry groups and the Comcare self-insured licensee sector.
- The Cross Sector Project: Mapping Australian Systems of Income Support for People with Health-Related Work Incapacity research report (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- The Cross Sector Project research report snapshot (PDF, 303.2 KB)
Sign up to receive updates on the Collaborate Partnership to improve work participation.