View the research projects that Comcare is leading or is involved in, grouped by the research themes which were identified in our Research plan.
This research investigates ways to support employers to implement new and better models and practices, with an aim of enabling safe and healthy work.
Healthy and safe workplaces
This research looks at developing skills and knowledge to understand new and existing risks of physical and psychosocial hazards in the modern workplace.
- Improving the health of Australian truck drivers project
- Lead indicator mentoring program
- Reduce workplace sitting trial project.
Mental health and wellbeing
This research aims to understand how to build and maintain mentally healthy workplaces through developing new strategies to understand, prevent and reduce the risk of mental ill health at work.
- Mental health coaching service (NewAccess workplaces) project
- Work-related mental health guidelines in General PRacticE (IMPRovE) project.
Work participation and recovery
This research aims to answer questions around how we can prevent harm, help people recover from injury and illness, enable return to work and reduce the risk of long-term disability.
- Assessing return to work policy and practice (ComPARE) project
- Design and trial a transition support service for people moving between systems
- Early intervention service pilot project
- Employee awareness project
- Health service use of compensated workers with low back pain project
- Measuring the movement of people between systems
- Reviewing cross sector income support systems project
- Safe Work Australia's national return to work survey project.
Adapting to the future of work
As workplaces face new and emerging concerns, our research aims to address some of the challenges that lie ahead.