Design and trial a transition support service for people moving between systems
Implement best practice case management universally across systems, achieving outcomes earlier and reducing unnecessary movement between systems.
This project commenced in August 2020 and will be delivered by EML.
This is a Collaborative Partnership project.
- This project will design and deliver a new transition support service to assist at least 50 participants exiting the Victorian workers’ compensation scheme and potentially entering a new income support system. The service will focus on supporting work participation, health and system navigation.
- This trial will be evaluated by Monash University.
Other organisations involved
- WorkSafe Victoria
- Monash University
- Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Insurance Council of Australia
- Department of Social Services
- Attorney General’s Department
- Department of Health
- National Mental Health Commission.
Findings and reports
This project builds on previous research:
- The Cross Sector Project: Mapping Australian Systems of Income Support for People with Health-Related Work Incapacity research report (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- The Cross Sector Project research report snapshot (PDF, 303.2 KB)
- Employee Awareness and Empowerment Research report (PDF, 795.2 KB)
- Employee Awareness and Empowerment Research report snapshot (PDF, 82.3 KB)
Sign up to receive updates on the Collaborate Partnership to improve work participation.
Page last reviewed: 10 November 2022