Measuring the movement of people between systems
By understanding how the systems work, sharing data and better practice, we can improve system design to achieve better alignment, outcomes and experiences.
This project commenced in November 2020 and will be delivered by Monash University in partnership with the University of Melbourne. Surveys went live in March 2021.
This is a Collaborative Partnership project.
- This project will survey participants accessing income support systems to understand their experience and map movement between systems.
- A systems dynamic data model will be developed to quantify movement between the major income support systems.
Comcare and Department of Social Services
Other organisations involved
- Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- National Disability Insurance Agency
- Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Insurance Council of Australia
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Attorney General’s Department
- Department of Health
- National Mental Health Commission
- Monash University
- The University of Melbourne.
Findings and reports
This project builds on previous research:
- The Cross Sector Project: Mapping Australian Systems of Income Support for People with Health-Related Work Incapacity research report (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- The Cross Sector Project research report snapshot (PDF, 303.2 KB)
Sign up to receive updates on the Collaborate Partnership to improve work participation.